Warranty and Replacement
We'll cover your IQOS with a 3 year warranty.
Consumers have a 3-year legal guarantee in accordance with the terms of Decree-Law No. 84/2021 in force for any lack of conformity that exists when the goods are delivered.
The mentioned period is valid from the date of delivery.
What do we cover with the IQOS warranty?
According to the law non-conformities of the IQOS device are covered by the warranty.
What don't we cover with the IQOS warranty?
As they are not considered non-conformities, the following are excluded from the terms of this guarantee:
- a) Uninterrupted and error free functionality of the product.
- b) Malfunction and/or damage caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to aging of this product.
- c) Cosmetic damages (such as scratches, dents, broken plastic etc.) that do not impact the functionality of the product.
- d) Damage caused by misuse, power surge, improper handling, liquid contact or fire.
- e) Malfunction due to use with non-compatible product, manufacturered either by Philip Morris International or third party manufacturers.
- f) Damage or malfunction caused by attempt to open, modify (including modifications to the firmware) and repair, either by a user or by a service provider not accredited by the manufacturer.
- g) Damage or malfunction caused by failure to use as described in the associated IQOSTM User Guide or in contravention of the firmware license agreement.
- h) Product battery performance degradation. Batteries are consumable parts and their performance degradation and use over time is not a manufacturing or a workmanship defect and is excluded from this warranty*.
- i) Product containing fully or partially non-genuine parts.
- j) Product for which serial numbers have been removed or altered.
- k) Any malfunctions caused by the firmware of the product, including where your product is not using the latest version of the firmware, unless these malfunctions have occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship. Note that in accordance with the terms of the firmware license agreement the firmware is provided “as-is,” without any warranty.
- l) Faults due to improper operation of “autostart” and/or “double tap” features* that do not impact the functionality of the product.
*For more information about battery performance or available features for your product, please consult www.iqos.com.
What does accidental damage coverage cover?
If your device sustains accidental and inadvertent damage affecting the functionality of your device that is not caused by misuse or reckless behavior, it may be eligible for a replacement. To be elegible for a replacement, you need to have an IQOS account with your IQOS device linked. Replacements for accidental damages are limited for each component in the first 12 months of the device.
How to make a claim for an IQOS replacement
Even products of the highest quality can sometimes stop working, and we know how annoying it is when you can't use your IQOS. Do you want to make a claim? It's easy and quick, just contact our Customer Care service available Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and we will help troubleshooting any problems with your device. If you didn't buy your device on our website, please have your proof of purchase ready. In the absence of the proof of purchase, the company reserves the right to voluntarily apply the warranty duration starting from the manufacturing date of the IQOS device components in question based on its own records.
Register and get access to our exclusive services
- Accidental Damage Coverage
- Personalized follow-up
- Member-only services
Get immediate support through Live chat. Available 24/7.
Visit our support page and chat to an IQOS expert. Available 24/7.
Go to our Facebook page
Write us to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply as soon as possible.
Ask us anything
Your question might have already been asked before. Browse our FAQs to see if you find the answer thartyou're looking for.
Give us a call on 800 200 098.
Available everyday from 9h-21h.